Chocolate Fudge Cookies
Ok I've found it, the best chocolate cookie dough with just the right amount of chew and fudgy deliciousness.
The best thing about this cookie dough is the mix-in options are endless. Nuts, candy bar pieces, more chocolate.... whatever your heart's desire. I chose half peanut butter chips, half semi sweet chips, and peanut pieces mainly because I had them on hand, but also because peanut butter and chocolate is a combination that is nearly impossible to beat. If you’re looking for some mix-in ideas here's a few that I've thought of.
- Toasted almonds pieces, toasted coconut flakes, and dark chocolate chips or chunks.
- White chocolate chips and candy cane pieces
- Chopped chocolate covered espresso beans
- Pieces of snickers bars and a drizzle of caramel
Here's the base recipe
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter plus two tablespoons
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste or extract
- 1 cup flour
- 1/3 cup dark cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
In a stand mixer with a paddle attachment cream the sugar and butter together until pale and fluffy. Then add egg and vanilla and mix to combine.
In a separate bowl whisk together your dry remaining ingredients and then gradually mix into the butter mixture.
And now here is where your imagination takes over. I added 1/2 cup of peanut butter chips and 1/2 cup of semi-sweet chips and stirred them in.
Then spoon the dough out by rounded teaspoon and rolled them in peanut pieces. Place 2 inches apart on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 5-7 minutes.