Ok I've found it, the best chocolate cookie dough with just the right amount of chew and fudgy deliciousness.
The best thing about this cookie dough is the mix-in options are endless. Nuts, candy bar pieces, more chocolate.... whatever your heart's desire. I chose half peanut butter chips, half semi sweet chips, and peanut pieces mainly because I had them on hand, but also because peanut butter and chocolate is a combination that is nearly impossible to beat. If you’re looking for some mix-in ideas here's a few that I've thought of.
- Toasted almonds pieces, toasted coconut flakes, and dark chocolate chips or chunks.
- White chocolate chips and candy cane pieces
- Chopped chocolate covered espresso beans
- Pieces of snickers bars and a drizzle of caramel
Here's the base recipe
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter plus two tablespoons
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste or extract
- 1 cup flour
- 1/3 cup dark cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
In a stand mixer with a paddle attachment cream the sugar and butter together until pale and fluffy. Then add egg and vanilla and mix to combine.
In a separate bowl whisk together your dry remaining ingredients and then gradually mix into the butter mixture.
And now here is where your imagination takes over. I added 1/2 cup of peanut butter chips and 1/2 cup of semi-sweet chips and stirred them in.
Then spoon the dough out by rounded teaspoon and rolled them in peanut pieces. Place 2 inches apart on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 5-7 minutes.